1.02.2006

The Next Steps

What's needed to push hyouden into the R&D stage? The list follows:
  1. Fix a minor oversight on my server which will allow me to install the following services:
    1. Subversion and Apache 2
    2. MySQL
  2. Move this blog over to my server (running Textpattern)
  3. Set up a private wiki for the hyouden documentation
  4. Start programming!

Subversion is my highest priority at the moment. I want to start programming on some quick proof-of-concept tech demos, but I'm exercising restraint. Moving the blog I can take some time on since I've got this temporary blog set up. Blogs are great for publishing, source code management is great for versioning and backup (as well as more peace of mind), wikis are great for documentation... I'll eventually set up a private wiki for the hyouden documentation, but it is my lowest priority.

I just need to get back into the flow or programming... soon.